Monday, August 8, 2011

Tomorrow...or Today

Yup. I leave tomorrow. I can't believe it's finally here.

It's 1:30 AM in Austin, Texas and I just now am done with packing. I still have to toss a few things in and out tomorrow, but I think I have most of it done. I always think I'm packing light until I throw everything into the bag. Oh well. It'll work out.

I got a watch to wear and I set it to go back and forth between Spain time and Texas time. It's 8:35 now in Spain. They are probably getting up and preparing for the day. I hope the jetlag isn't too bad. I know when I get there I am going to be super pumped.

We found out a couple of last minute things this past week. First off, I'm happy to announce that we get to stay in host families in Malaga! I'm looking forward to meeting some people who are kind enough to welcome us into their homes.

Second, my friend and coworker in Dallas, McKenna is going too! We're going to hand out cards about Heroic Media to people we meet in hopes they can spread the good news of our work with others. She struck gold and will get to be on stage for the closing mass...with...the...POPE. I can't wait to hear about her trip when we get back.

On August 17th, Wednesday, Ashley and I will be attending the World Youth Day Pro-Life conference! I'm stoked. There will be speakers, events, concerts and more. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Prolife movement from the other parts of the world. I believe this event is actually put on by the Irish. Sounds great to me! :)

Tomorrow I leave for San Antonio at 7 PM. We get on a bus to Houston and head out at 9:45 PM. We'll get to the Houston airport around 1 AM and check in for our international flight. We head to Miami at 6 AM and endure a 7 hour layover before we flight out at 5:00 PM, Miami Time. We'll get to Madrid at what is their 7:30 AM and then head south to Malaga. What a trip. I wonder how much sleep I am going to get!

This past weekend we had a retreat with the Catholic 20-Somethings Ministry that I am a part of. We got to dig deep into the Lord's Prayer, the Our Father. It was such a good time with good friends and really relaxed me. I had an anxious 2 weeks before this trip and I think I'm finally calming down from being stressed to getting really excited about the trip. I don't mean to be dramatic, but I feel that this trip is going to really change my life. I'm not sure how, but I know it's going to be good.

fbt&<3

No comments:

Post a Comment