Tuesday, August 9, 2011

TODAY!

Hooray! Today Today Today!

I realized my entry last night was a bunch of random thoughts. Before I apologize to a WYSIWYG, I have to mention that if you know me at all, you'll know that I'm a bit random in nature. I'm going a million miles an hour and in a million directions.

Yesterday and today I feel like a wrapped up a lot of things. I got things set up for the 20-Somethings (emails, who's helping me out when I'm gone, etc.) and gave people a million and one hugs last night at Adoration. Anna visted me this morning at 6:30 AM and brought me tacos! I was sleepy and surprised. It was good to see her before she begins her next book in life. I cried over some Rudy's tacos with her and went back to bed for a little while longer.

After running some last minute errands, I went to crank out work at the office and set up everything to function while I'm gone. I put up my away message for the work email and sent all of my almost finished projects to awesome people who can see them through. After lots of hugs and a hectic last-minute-everything, I ran out the door to do a couple of additional last minute errands and to come home to repack and clean as much as I can. Don't you like to come home to a clean apartment?

Step by step, day by day the stresses get lifted. I trust that everything is being left in good hands. I know I'm going to be missed and I likewise will be missing a lot of people! There are some people that I see and talk to everyday that will be on my mind a lot. I laugh sometimes to myself because I feel like I'm being so dramatic, but leaving a lot of things that you're responsible for for 2.5 weeks without much communication is a big deal to me. I skipped out of the office light as a feather and full of hope and joy.

Life is full of little things that make you smile. I feel loved by God so much! I joke that Jesus is taking me on a getaway vacation. (Isn't He the best?) And I know that he loves me through all of my friends and family -- and I hope they feel His love from me too. It's neat to feel so connected to everyone through this great Mystery of life. It's just a peaceful feeling.

It's hard to let go of worries, but if you can, it's amazing. It's honestly like flying. Maybe that's why we like driving fast, roller coasters and water park slides. We almost lose control for a bit and just think about the fun ride we're on. We don't dwell on the "what ifs" and just go for it. We still take precautions and stay on track. But when God is driving, you know you're going somewhere good, so you should sit back and relax.

It begins in 45 minutes.

fbt&<3

No comments:

Post a Comment