Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One week and counting

That's right. I've been counting down for over a year and it's finally down to one week left. I guess technically by now in one week my trip will have begun, and we will be pulling into Houston Inter Continental Airport to prepare for a flight to Miami...

One week. I will do my best not to be dramatic, but I truly feel like God wants me to really earn this escape. Not a vacation, and not a break, but more of an escape. I will be traveling nonstop, sleeping on a floor somewhere, eating whatever I am fed and walking a lot in the sun. Sounds incredible, right? Pretty much like my time in Drum Corps -- everything is taken care of, so just focus on the main idea.

My main idea is going to be living out each day for God, His plan and His purpose. Shouldn't we be living like that now? Oh yes, but with our crazed maxed out and stressful lives, it's hard to focus on what God is telling us.

The reasons that I am calling my pilgrimage an escape is based on the list of major responsibilities that I have to focus on in this last week. In no particular order: we are transitioning our entire website and all social networks over this week and Monday, we are leading a retreat for fellow young adult Catholics all weekend, I have 2 freelance graphic design jobs with Monday deadlines, and some family health issues. I have no free evenings left between the retreat and ministry commitments and I can't seem to sleep at night. Whew! All of these things are good (except for the sleeping part) and I am luckily not spiritually stressed. I might be in denial, but he symptoms show that my body is stressed! Because of all of this, I am looking forward to my escape, and the accompanying challenge of returning with God as the center of my universe and keeping Him there as I adjust back to my work overflowing with responsibilities. I think it will be hard, but nothing is impossible with God.

I have an extra massage scheduled already.

Sabrina
fbt&<3

No comments:

Post a Comment