Thursday, August 11, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Here we are on the big 'ol plane to Spain! There are 8 people in each row and what seems like 50 rows. A friend traded with me so I could sit with Ashley. I found out right before we boarded that my Mom's surgery went swimmingly. Praise God! It was the perfect news before I turned off my phone. We also met a group of Texans from Victoria and observed a loud pack of Puerto Ricans sing some culture chant in the airport. "This doesn't sound like Jesus music," Ashley said. They are all on the plane with us. There are at least 8 priests on the plane, so we felt safe.

We took off close to an hour late. I dozed while we waited, woke up for take off and then dozed again before the food came.

We both picked "beef" and got a delicious meal! Cold mixed veggies with tuna, stew meat cooked in a Marsala sauce with mushrooms, peas, carrots and potatoes, and bread, butter and a hunk of cheese. We devoured it. Ashley doesn't even like tomatoes or mushrooms, but happily ate them. She said it's true when your parents say, "if you're hungry, you'll eat anything."

Dessert was a yummy square of cherry cheesecake with coffee. (Ashley had tea.) So full! Now it's bed time. While it's 6:45 pm in Austin, it's past our bedtime in Spain -- 1:41 am.
Goodnight! See you in Spain.

fbt&<3
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment