Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Last day in paradise

Today was our last day in Madrid. We woke up in these awesome personal full size beds well rested for the first time in two weeks.

We had a breakfast buffet at the hotel that was like heaven. We have been used to a juice box, a Cola Cao (chocolate milk drink) and a prepackaged pastry full of preservatives for the last few days. This buffet had an array of fruits like kiwi, watermelon, dewmelon, oranges and more, cereals and granola, milk, yogurt, peach, pineapple and mixed fruit juices, breads, jams, olive oil and tomato salsa, meats, cheeses, eggs and sausages and of course, fresh coffee. It was amazing! This hotel continued to rock our world.

We spent our day shopping and looking at the modern art in the Reina Sofia museum. I was most happy to see more Picasso, including the Guernica. We had a really late lunch of pizza and headed back by 6 to take a power nap until 8:30 or so. Ashley was still tired, so I went to the lobby and chatted with a few people and listened to their stories. We had a meeting at ten, took some pictures and I passed on dinner since it was already 11 and I went up to join Ashley in packing al of the stuff we had obtained in Spain.

I'm sure I'll reflect on many things in future blogs, but as I am leaving Spain I know that part of me is thinking about how it is all over. But then I feel a wave of joy and hope and realize that the trip might be over, but that everything else is just beginning. I have much more to take home than souvenirs. There are lessons that were learned and experiences I will never forget. I hope that I can continue to recognize God working in my life in everything that I do and that I will see Him in others. I practiced my tolerance, patience and strength. I prayed a lot and have answers to some of my concerns and more things to discern. I have grown in my faith due to the challenges (physical and spiritual) and hope that I can keep the fire burning.

With God's help, I know I can.

fbt&<3

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment