Tuesday, August 16, 2011

EPCOT, Catholic style

Here I am in Madrid's Parque de Buen Retiro looking up at some trees after a half day of exploring the city on our first full blown WYD. I've clocked in 5.25 miles so far and it's only 4 pm.

I feel like I'm at EPCOT. Everywhere we look we see groups carrying flags from all over. I hear voices cheering, singing and talking in every language. Big groups, small groups and religious people left and right. It's overwhelming!

We started in Plaza del Sol and walked around in the general direction of the Parque. We saw many things and talked to people from all over! We then took a tour of the familia Segrada by the late Gaudi.

After lunch of pork, potatos, a side salad and tiramisu we visited the vocational fair, saw 200 concessionals and stopped by adoration. Now it's nap time!

fbt&<3

Sabrina

1 comment:

  1. I love Parque El Retiro!!! I remember walking around there with a big cup of cafe con leche. It was cooler than it is now :)

    ReplyDelete