Friday, August 12, 2011

I would walk 500 miles...

It's 11:30 pm and the night is young. We are sitting at a very fancy park by the water waiting to watch the midnight firework show that celebrates the beginning of the Malaga Fair. We are very tired from our first full day in Spain. He pedometer reads almost 9 miles today. I guess it's pretty accurate.

After lunch at at small park we went on a number of tours all around town. First we went to the Malaga Cathedral. It was huge! So breathtaking. I heard that we get 3 special graces for visiting a new church, so I was happy to pray for 3 intentions. We then took a loooong walk to the Alcala, and old Moorish fort/castle. It was a great place to see the entire city and take great pictures. We then went to see Picasso's home where he was born! It was small and we saw some o this work and childhood photos. We spent some free time walking around Malaga and had some vino tinto de verano (red wine with Sprite or Fanta). We gathered up, and sang our way to this huge park by the pier. Ashley and a new friend, Elizabeth and I had tla wild goose chase to find a bathroom. 25 minutes and over a mile later, we found relief in an overcrowded McDonald's. Now we wait for the fireworks.

My reflections lately have been as follows:

Trusting God can be tough. Right now, we don't have copies of the schedule, and we don't really know what to expect or what we're doing. It can be really frustrating! However, I do know that I will be fed (very well), I have plenty to do, and that I'm taken care of. I have no work, few chores and little to worry about. I just get to enjoy life and hang on for the ride. If only I can master this! Since God has it all in control, I have nothing to worry about. I hope to be able to figure out how to master this worry-free lifestyle and bring it back to apply it to my life. It doesn't take much to realize that his stress and worry-free life is much better when we give God the reins and let Him take charge.

I also have witnessed tons of hospitality with my host family. They are so kind, generous and welcoming. I am glad to be getting to know them. They met when they were 15 at a church group in Malaga and were friends for years before they got together. It is super cute to see them together, and while they said there was no initial spark, they are obviously that much in love. It just reminds me how much love and trust is in the world. You just have to look. They are so kind and accommodating. I know that their children are witnessing their service and will learn a lot from them. It's a really neat situation.

It's almost firework time! Tomorrow we get to go to the fair, and Sunday we get to go to the beach! It's going to be amazing!!! I would like to say that I miss home, but I'm enjoying it so much over here. I miss the people though. Thinking of you!

fbt&<3

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment